Following consultation with the venue, we are pleased to confirm that the Rally hosted by the Renault Owners Club at the Rural Life Centre, Tilford, Surrey has been given the go-ahead. We were sorry that our friends at the Citroën Car Club have taken the decision to postpone their event until late September, and respect their decision, but we felt that we are able to comply with all current Government directives to limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and therefore look forward to a great day at a great venue.
Please see the events page for events details and location
Here are the restrictions which we need to observe, in order for the event to take place:
- Sadly there will be no camping available on site during the weekend. For avid campers wishing to make a weekend of it, there are a number of camp sites in the surrounding area, including the Camping and Caravanning Club sites at Horsley and Graffham, which are open to non-C&CC members
- We need to comply with the Government’s Test and Trace procedures, and all attendees will need to sign in on arrival using either the NHS Covid App on smartphone – please download this app beforehand – or, if you don’t have a smartphone, by requesting a form to complete and hand in on arrival
- All the usual social distancing rules must be observed, and hand sanitisers will be available around the site. Face coverings must be worn when entering any of the museum buildings and indoor exhibits, and the rule of 6 or 2 households meeting indoors applies
- The Museum has placed a limit on the number of attendees, which in itself will not be a problem, but please remember that space for parking cars within the venue is limited and so we would appreciate it if members can confirm that they will be coming, either by Email Club Events or by calling or texting the events Secretary on the number given in Renotes, stating the number of attendees and the details of the Renault model to be displayed. Vehicle entry will be available from around 08.30 and everyone should be on site by 10.30 latest to ensure being able to park safely within the museum setting. Late arrivals may be requested to park in the public car park.
- There will be other activities taking place on the day, so please show respect for other visitors to the museum. Dogs are permitted to visit, but must be on a lead.