With the world premiere of Renault City K-ZE, Groupe Renault is entering the world’s largest and fastest growing electric vehicle market. Six months after the concept was presented at the Paris Motor Show, the sixth 100% electric vehicle in the Renault range is coming to life this week at the Shanghai Motor Show.
This first public presentation demonstrates the capacity of Renault and DRAC to turn an EV concept into reality with the start of sales to be announced before the end of the year.
The first joint-venture brand EV in the A segment designed in China for China,
Renault City K-ZE will be produced in China as part of the eGT New
Energy Automotive Co., Ltd. joint venture between the
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance and the local manufacturer Dongfeng.
All about Renault City K-ZE’s assets in China:
Renault City K-ZE features smart design:
- It has assertive lines and a muscular, compact form, with LED Daytime Running Lights.
- It embodies classic SUV design with 150mm ground clearance.
- The 2,423mm long wheelbase and 300L boot space, which are leading in its segment, make K-ZE reliable and practical for everyday life.
Renault City K-ZE: human-centric intelligence & competitive charging modes
- Its multiple charging modes make it compatible with both 220V domestic plugs and public infrastructures. In fast charge, it takes only 50 minutes to charge from 0% to 80%. In slow charge, it takes 4 hours to charge to 100%, totally adequate for fast-paced urban life.
- Its segment-leading intelligent interactive system
with 8-inch multi-functional colour LCD touch screen ensures that the
passengers stay connected all the time wherever they go. They can also
access remotely control on their App. It has online navigation and real
time monitoring for EV features. Users have easy access to features such
as on-line entertainment, 4G WiFi and smart voice recognition.
- Consistent with Renault’s human-centric philosophy, Renault City K-ZE packs PM2.5 sensors and air quality control system,
which enables evaluation of cabin air quality and automatic switching
between interior and exterior air circulation, offering a healthy,
refreshing cabin space.
Renault City K-ZE: high quality standards
- It is built in China to rigorous global quality standards. It adopts Renault’s advanced electric technology.
- It provides an assured journey with safety features, such as Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and rear imaging.